Showing all 12 results
Buescher True Tone C Soprano Rare Original Gold Plate! Old Pads 86473$ 2,150
Conn New Wonder 1 C soprano 136795 Excellent Condition Original Silver Plate RARE$ 1,650
Conn New Wonder II Bb Soprano Saxophone 196145 Silver Plate w/Mods Repadded$ 1,950
Couf Superba 1 Soprano Saxophone 91912 Excellent Overhauled! Grover Washington$ 3,450
Photos are before overhaul. This rare later Couf Superba 1 soprano with Front F key (only the later ones have that) is the same version Grover Washington Jr. played on most of his most famous recordings. Then he switched to an early SX-90 which I also have at the moment!
These Couf Superba 1 soprano saxophones were made for Herb Couf by Keilwerth, and they are fully professional instruments of very high quality. This one is in great shape, with just some minor lacquer wear from use. It is currently getting a full overhaul. You can almost never buy a properly overhauled Couf/Keilwerth soprano, because people don’t want to sink the money into a top shelf overhaul. Well, in this case, you do! It’s the best of the best in terms of modern soprano saxophones with a warm, full tone.
Only Keilwerth maintained the big sound of vintage Conn / King / Buescher sopranos. And Keilwerth improved the intonation and added modern, comfortable keywork and ergonomics to the offering. If you want to have a fat soprano sound with modern keywork and great build quality, then this and the SX-90 are basically your only options.
Get this one and enjoy the soprano as it can be at its best! The overhaul is absolutely great, with all the little details that take a horn from good to great attended to. It will be ready soon, so go ahead and buy it and reserve it for yourself!
Only one available!
Holton Soprano Saxophone Original Silver Plate Great Deal 17402$ 800
Keilwerth SX90 Soprano Saxophone Original Lacquer Good Pads Liebman Era 103943
Just tuned up. Liebman era Keilwerth SX90 soprano. If you love that big, fat, warm, round soprano tone that isn’t thin and reedy like a VI or clear and bright like a Yamaha, then you can’t do better than this Keilwerth. Grover Washington Jr played one like this too. It has a recent overhaul and is ready to go.
King Soprano Saxophone Gold Plate Fresh Overhaul Amazing! 99847$ 3,250
Just freshly overhauled!! This got a full restoration, so it’s back to like new mechanical condition.This is the vintage soprano you should get!
This amazing gold plated King soprano saxophone will blow the walls down. It is in excellent condition, with nearly all the original gold plate intact. It has just received a full overhaul and restoration, which is not a small job on a 90 year old instrument. It is now back in like-new playing condition and ready to make music for many many years to come.
King sopranos are rare, and were only made in low pitch (regular concert pitch). They tune nicely, and have a big, warm, medium-focused tone that is less polite sounding than a Buescher, and really fills a room with ease. This example in gold plate and in such amazingly good condition is extremely rare. The great depression in 1929 spelled the end of most of the saxophone market, and marked the end of most makers building sopranos in any kind of quantities. So it’s not surprising that you don’t see a King soprano later than this serial. This is one of the very last ones made, and the latest serial I have seen. The later the better is my motto on vintage sopranos generally speaking, so getting a late one also in gold plate is really exceptional.
Only one available!
Soprano Brilhart Reproduction 3-Band Ligature Hard Rubber Mouthpieces$ 165
For Hard Rubber Soprano mouthpieces. This fits everything including vintage Buescher and Conn, Meyer, Selmer Soloist, Selmer S80, Yanagisawa, Vandoren, and virtually all of the boutique soprano mouthpieces.
As an added bonus, this EchoMaster ligature also fits metal Dukoff alto mouthpieces like Dukoff Miami alto saxophone mouthpieces perfectly!
There’s a reason why the vintage Brilhart 3-Band ligatures have been singled out by the market (players) as by far the most desirable vintage ligatures. They are great ligatures! But there will never be enough vintage Brilhart ligatures to meet the high demand for this style of ligature. And never before has there been a Soprano ligature available! (Brilhart only made alto and tenor.) This is an amazing ligature and also fits almost every soprano hard rubber mouthpiece ever made.
Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone$ 799
The Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone is coming back in stock very soon! Buy your Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone now to reserve it for when the shipment comes in, and support a small saxophone shop at the same time!
The Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone is a new kind of digital saxophone. It is more like a real saxophone than any digital saxophone that has come before, because it has regular saxophone keywork. So unlike an EWI 4000S, 5000, or a WX5, you don’t have to switch to a different keywork feel in order to play the digital saxophone anymore.
This is going to be huge for people who want to practice saxophone quietly rather than people who just want a midi or digital interface sax. You can practice with headphones on and not bother your neighbors at all hours. Or play it quietly one one of the 15 volume settings. The Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone also works fine as a digital input into whatever sound processing software that you want to use. But it feels like a regular saxophone under the fingers. I’ve been having fun with digital saxophones ever since the Casio DH-100, and I think like the Casio, this Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone will probably become an instant classic of its genre for the same reason – it feels more like an actual saxophone to play than any similar option.
In brief (more below) are the main features of the Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone that you might care about:
- The Yamaha Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone has a speaker in the brass bell, so that the sound you generate vibrates the instrument’s body tube. As you play louder, you feel more resonance.
- The Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone has a regular saxophone mouthpiece (basically a repurposed Yamaha 4C soprano piece) and even a ‘reed’ so that it feels like a saxophone in your mouth also. You can even swap out the Yamaha mouthpiece for your own mouthpiece, as long as it has a similar bore to a 4C, though this won’t do much to the tone if anything. It might make it feel a little more like ‘home’ to you.
- The Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone has an advanced breath sensor that responds instantly to small changes in breath support by changing the tone that you generate. Again, you see the theme – feels more like a saxophone to play.
- The sound it generates is actual sound samples taken from real Yamaha saxophones. You can switch among Yamaha soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone tones on your Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone. Just like with a Line 6 Variax guitar, you’re getting ‘real’ acoustic instrument tone that is controlled digitally. It’s a pretty good idea, thought it still sounds a bit midi to me.
- There’s an app that lets you further modify and control the tone you get from the Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone. It remains to be seen how useful this is, but even if it’s junk, you can still input the sound from your Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone into Ableton or Garageband or ProTools or whatever you like and modify it there, or even run the output into analog or digital pedals, like in our saxophone looping video here.
- Interestingly it’s keyed from high F# down to low A so you can use it as a baritone model! And the tuning is adjustable within 5 hz so you can play with a flat piano or in different temperatures with acoustic instruments whose tuning changes with changing weather etc. Not a bad idea!
I’ll put more Yamaha YDS-150 Digital Saxophone details and some review videos and sound clips in the long description below, so scroll down for the additional info! And for only $799, it’s not bad even just as a tool to get some late night practice time in.
Yamaha YSS-62 Purple Logo Soprano 3009 Getting Overhauled Now!$ 3,350
Yamaha YSS-62 Soprano Saxophone ‘purple logo’ early serial, C# on the top (more desirable version) that just got a complete overhaul! That makes it an extremely good deal. If you want to play a modern classic that keeps going up in value, that sounds warm and rich, plays effortlessly, tunes well, and has comfortable ergonomics, then the 62 is your best bet!
Only one available!
Yamaha YSS-62 Purple Logo Soprano Fresh Overhaul! 5582$ 3,250
Yamaha YSS-875 Custom Soprano Saxophone 2908 Excellent Condition!$ 3,150